Search This Blog

Friday 7 January 2011

The old R.E.M.E Depot, Station Road, Grantown-on-Spey

What stories these old buildings could tell.  I remember when my grandad worked there.  My gran and I would walk up to meet him I was  only about 4 or 5 and I remember the huge high fence and my face pressed up against it waiting there was a square pond inside the gates with purple flowers all around it.  My mother still has the same flowers in her garden.


The R.E.M.E. Depot as it was in October 2006



These pictures were taken before they were sold, they are no longer there they were knocked down.  Some sheds still remain as in what they call Industrial site.


a ref to Grantown's R.E.M.E. Depot from Dundee University Archives

SECOND WORLD WAR SOURCE LIST
Reference:
MS 93/I/1/23
Collection:
D J MacDonald Ltd, Engineers, Dundee
Date:
14 Jun 1944 - 14 Feb 1945
Description:
Mainly issue and receipt vouchers for repairs to machinery, issued by O.C. Command Workshops, R.E.M.E., Grantown-On-Spey, to D.J. MacDonald Ltd., Roque Works, South Street, Dundee, as well as letters regarding the same
Another ref to Secret Scotland - Army Camp Summary

No comments:

Post a Comment