Search This Blog

Thursday 6 January 2011

Memories

I will start this with my memories.  I was a fifties child went to Grantown Grammar school when it was primary and secondary all in one, we had secondary pupils from Cromdale, Nethy, Dulnain, Carrbridge, Boat-of-Garten, Dava  etc  as there were still primary schools at Dava, Cromdale, Dulnain etc.   We all had to wear the school uniform, I had a gym slip (with a secret pocket) , I remember the girls toilets were down at the bottom where they park their cars now.  There were seperate toilets for primary 1 & 2.  I recall having to go to BIG toilets when in primary 3 and I was terrified at the thought, this was such a big scary thing with all the big ones, how silly it all seems now.  I loved the holidays when we all marched to the South Church the whole school everyone was so excited as we all knew it was holday time.

No comments:

Post a Comment